My fishing career started off as boy fishing on some of the Victorian park lakes of Liverpool, mainly catching chairs and shopping trolleys with the occasional old boot to put in the keep net. As I got older I ventured further afield onto some of the canals and small rivers around Liverpool and outskirts, even at times fishing the Mersey for codling and flatties.
After 10 years of traveling the world teaching scuba diving, I returned to the UK and set up home in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire. It was during my scuba adventures that I was first introduced to fly fishing. Some of the species I encountered were barracuda, snook, giant trevally and tuna.
On my return to the UK I set about exploring the wealth of fishing opportunities I had on my doorstep. This eventually lead to me putting my experience as a scuba instructor towards becoming a fly fishing coach.
- I am a FFF MCI (Fly Fishing Federation certified Master Casting Instructor).
- I am a level 2 angling coach L2CCA (game).
- I am fully insured and have undergone child protection training and have a current CRB certificate.
- I am a first aid instructor (Emergency First Response).
- I am a member of both the Salmon and Trout Association and The Wild Trout Trust.
- I am also proud to be a member of the newly formed Angling Trust.
I continue to develop my skills both as a fly angler and as a coach/instructor through continued professional development so you can be assured of the very best service using the most up to date techniques.
Most of all I love fishing and am passionate about helping others get the most from this graceful and exhilarating sport.
I also work with a team of dedicated fly fishing coaches that embrace a similar ethos to myself. This means if you would like us to cater for larger groups or corporate events you can be assured of the very best service.